Affects Version/s: None
Fix Version/s: v2.5.0
This will allow to simplify (and make way more flexible and useful) configuration of notifications. For instance notifications for registrations will have one parameter less, but it will be possible to use different channels for admin's notification and other for user's. Also is a base for enabling proper co-existence of SMS and email confirmations.
Detailed work plan:
- ConfirmationTemplateDefinition -> rename to EmailConfirmationTemplateDefinition
- Add Set<String> getCompatibleFacilities() method to ConfirmationTemplateDefinition contract. All existing implementations should return sms and email. Exception would be the EmailConfirmationTemplateDefinition and MobileConfirmationTempalteDefinition to be defined soon.
- MessageTemplate gets new parameter: notification channel. Notification channel selection must be only from those supported by template's definition.
- Perform corresponding changes in resolving channel from template in the code using this. Will be in four cases:
- registration forms and enquiries
- password reset
- email confirmation (attribute & identity)
- Remove (should be not used at this point) channel selection from enquiry, invitaition and registration forms.